Tashilhunpo Monastery was founded in 1447 by the 1st Dalai Lama. The Monastery is located on the southern slope of the Nyiseri Mountain to the west of Shigatse City. It is largest monastery of the Gelug Sect in Rear Tibet, and the main stage where generations of Panchen Lamas carried out religious and political activities. The full name in Tibetan of the monastery means “all fortune and happiness gathered here” or “heap of glory”.
Tashilhunpo Monastery Grade B is imported from Tibet.